- Domino Blasting specialises in surface blasthole drilling with a modern fleet of hydraulic drill rigs equipped with the latest drilling technology.
- In addition, we also have hand-drilling teams for small diameter restricted / bulk blast holes.
- Domino Blasting can offer contract drilling only, or a complete “rock on ground” service.
Our company offersthe following specialized services to the Civil Construction, Quarrying as well as the Opencast Mining Industries;
- Controlled restricted blasting in built up areas.
- Bulk projects including tailing dams, road cuttings and trenches.
- Day works mining ranging from restricted ramps to bulk production blasts (including armoured stone).
- Opencast mining.
- Special effects and pyrotechnic blasting.
- Demolishing of structures.
- Electronic Blasting.
- We use our own Bulk Emulsion Division to load explosives in blast holes in order to supply clients with a full “down-the-hole service”.
- We procure explosives Nationally as well as Internationally.
- At Domino Blasting we have our own workshop facilities with highly qualified mechanics as well as a fully functional mobile workshop, which cuts our standing time significantly.
- Domino Blasting follows a rigorous maintenance program to service and maintain our own fleet which also increases our production remarkably.
- All Repairs / rebuilds / bodywork are performed internally in order to enhance our value chain.
- We where Commended by Atlas Copco for keeping the best maintained fleet.
Surface Bulk Emulsion
- Domino Blasting supplies and transports its own bulk emulsion as required.
- Our fleet comprise a range of different sized pump trucks (MMU’s) to cater for all blasting applications.
- We can provide drop-down Isotainers for easy access to bulk emulsion.
- Trimble GPS system.
- Drone video analysis.
- Stockpile surveys.
- Comprehensive photographic pre- and post- blast crack surveys could be compiled with detailed reports.
- All blasting is based on a comprehensive blast design according to our customer’s special requirements / site conditions.
- Our blast designs are typically submitted for engineer’s approval prior to blasting.
- We use industry accepted programs / designs for detailed reports.
- We have a range of vibration monitoring equipment to measure vibrations during blasts.
- Vibration reports are generally supplied to the client as part of the package.
- Our in-house experience allows us to do consulting for a range of blasting requirements.
Non-Explosive Chemical Cracking
- In vibration sensitive / restricted areas we specialize in non-explosive chemical cracking of rock.
Our years of specialist experience qualifies us!
We will tailor solutions according to your unique circumstances.